This amfAR Capitol Hill Conference will:
- Review recent progress in the fight against HIV/AIDS
- Highlight groundbreaking new research and evidence-based policies
- Discuss the impact of human rights issues on the fight against AIDS
- Present amfAR's Countdown to a Cure for AIDS initiative
- Chart a roadmap for ending the epidemic
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Kennedy Caucus Room
Senate Russell Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Chairman of the Board, amfAR
Ambassador Deborah Birx, M.D.
Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator
U.S. Department of State
Douglas M. Brooks, M.S.W.,
Director, White House Office of National AIDS Policy
Deborah Derrick, M.P.A.
President, Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, TB and Malaria
Paul Farmer, Ph.D., M.D.
Chief Strategist and Co-Founder, Partners in Health
Chair, Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Anthony Fauci, M.D.
Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Policy Officer, UNAIDS
Jim Kim, M.D., Ph.D.
President, The World Bank Group
Executive Director, UNAIDS
Co-Anchor & Managing Editor, PBS NewsHour
Members of Congress
Lunch will be served
RSVP to AIDS@hayespr.com or call 703-637-1346