TITLE: Social Media Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Public Information
LOCATION: New York
Create, curate, and manage day-to-day social content and activities including text, images, and video on amfAR’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.). Assist in the planning, development, and execution of social media campaigns and activations across owned and earned social channels. Provide continual measurement and analysis of social media initiatives.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate with the Public Information team to build and implement social media programs for amfAR initiatives, news, reports, and events.
Develop social media campaigns, incorporating Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc., that ensure proper messaging is executed online and meets organizational goals.
Manage editorial calendar for organization’s social media channels, and schedule and post accordingly.
Engage in real-time relevant conversations, including Twitter chats and live tweeting of events; create Snapchat stories; execute Facebook Live segments.
Grow and engage amfAR’s social media audiences by monitoring social communities daily and responding to followers as appropriate.
Seek out relevant social conversations and trends to engage with.
Develop and integrate social media influencer strategies.
Create and manage social advertising campaigns and promotions on Twitter and Facebook.
Continuously optimize organization pages within each platform to increase visibility.
Provide continuous monitoring of social channel metrics and regularly report on progress.
Track analytics, create weekly and monthly reports, and provide insights on content and campaign performance.
Ensure consistency of messages across multiple social media channels.
Work closely with programmatic and event staff to create integrated campaigns and conduct strategic social media outreach.
Provide support to other team members on online promotions (such as Google AdWords campaigns and email marketing).
- 2-3 years of managing social media experience or platform or equivalent training and experience
- BA in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the social platforms noted above and their respective audiences; experience implementing best practices on each
- Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools (Union Metrics, Facebook Insights, TweetReach, channel analytics, and ad performance reporting)
- Experience with global health media and knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues and policies preferred
- Successful management of paid advertising campaigns on Facebook and Twitter
- Resourcefulness and skill at online research
- Technical knowledge of social media platforms, content management, and production software
- Excellent written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Creative writing and digital production capabilities a plus
- Proficiency with common computer office applications
- Strong team collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-moving environment
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel both domestically and internationally
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary requirement to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agencies please.