TITLE: Social Media Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Public Information
LOCATION: New York
Assist in the planning, development and execution of social media campaigns and activations across owned and earned social channels. Manage day-to-day content and activities for amfAR’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs, etc.). Provide continual measurement and analysis of social media initiatives.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates and executes with the Program Communications Manager and department Vice President a long-range social media plan for promotion and publicity of amfAR initiatives, news, reports, and events.
Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online to support organizational goals, incorporating Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
Working with the Program Communications Manager, develop and manage editorial calendar for organization’s social media channels.
Manage content creation for ongoing social media communications, and optimize content plans to grow engaged social communities.
Monitor and engage in organization-related online conversations, and respond to social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
Develop and integrate influencer strategies into social media campaigns as applicable.
Supervise the collection and distribution of quantitative and qualitative analysis reports to the management team and the board.
Monitor social media landscape industry trends, tools, and applications to recommend actions and next steps.
Work closely with programmatic and event staff to create integrated campaigns and conduct strategic social media outreach.
Provide support to other team members on online promotions (such as Google AdWords campaigns and email marketing)
- 2-3 years of managing social media experience or platform or equivalent training and experience
- BA in Communications, Marketing or a related field strongly preferred
- Experience with global health media and knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues and policies preferred
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, content management, and production software
- Proficiency with social metrics and tracking resources
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and good organizational skills.
- Creative writing and digital production capabilities a plus
- Proficiency with common computer office applications.
- Strong team collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-moving environment
- Flexibility to work extended hours and travel both domestically and internationally
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary requirement to: email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
No agencies please.