TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
LOCATION: New York
Identify, cultivate, and solicit major individual gifts ($5,000 and up) from current and prospective donors. Create and implement a comprehensive, multi-year major gifts campaign to support amfAR’s research and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivate new and existing major donors and solicit major gifts.
- Work with the Manager of Prospect Research to identify individual major gift prospects.
- Work with the Philanthropy and Special Events staff to move existing donors to higher giving levels, create new fundraising initiatives, and develop appropriate solicitation materials.
- Maintain strong relationships with programs’ staff to anticipate funding needs and develop funding goals and strategies.
- Create short- and long-term strategies and outreach plans for the major gifts campaign; prepare detailed fundraising progress reports for the Director of Philanthropy.
- Lead one-on-one solicitations, and coordinate the CEO and development and programs’ staff in the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts.
- Coordinate major gifts activities with amfAR’s overall plans and strategies, in particular, the efforts of the Special Events department, the Public Information program, and the Office of the CEO.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Director of Philanthropy or the Vice President and Director of Development.
- Plan and execute major donor fundraising and cultivation events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Five years fundraising experience, including three years experience developing or managing a successful major gifts campaign in a similar environment. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fundraising software, preferably Salesforce, required. Knowledge of the healthcare field and AIDS-related issues is desired. Opportunity for some travel.
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agencies please.