TITLE: Senior Global Policy Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Public Policy
LOCATION: Geneva, Switzerland
- Leads amfAR public policy efforts in Europe, with a focus on multilateral institutions.
- Assists the public policy team in developing and implementing amfAR’s public policy agenda focused on advancing AIDS research and promoting a more equitable, effective, and evidence-based response to the epidemic globally.
- Represents amfAR with multilateral and other organizations, as well as at meetings and conferences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze policies, programs, and funding streams with the goal of advancing the evidence-based and strategic use of resources, and accelerating improved outcomes of HIV/AIDS globally.
- Focus on policy and funding issues related to addressing the HIV epidemic among key populations, including gay men, other men who have sex with men, transgender individuals, people who inject drugs, and sex workers.
- Serve as a resource and consistent voice for evidence-based policy—particularly concerning key populations—with multilateral institutions, including UNAIDS, the Global Fund, the World Health Organization, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, and the European Commission.
- Research, edit, and develop written materials, including research papers, opinion pieces, reports, and issue briefs as part of the policy team.
- Convene expert consultations to bridge the latest scientific research and evidence with public policy and resource allocation decisions.
- Work closely with amfAR’s Public Policy office in Washington, D.C., as well as other amfAR staff in Bangkok and New York, to develop public policy positions and advocacy strategies, and take the lead on particular areas of policy and advocacy.
- Work in close collaboration with other advocacy and policy agencies in Europe and elsewhere to advance sound policy.
- Complete other projects, as assigned.
A master's degree or Ph.D. (or equivalent) in public health, public policy, or a related field, and five years experience in a health-related organization. Excellent writing, policy analysis, and public speaking skills. Five years of experience with policy advocacy. Knowledge of public health and HIV/AIDS policy issues and a basic understanding of scientific research. Knowledge and experience working with United Nations and other European institutions. Ability to work extended hours, and up to approximately 20% travel is required. Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English.
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/Vet/Disab