Fundraising Resource for HIV-Related Community-Based Projects Serving MSM
April 2012 - amfAR’s MSM Initiative is pleased to present a resource for MSM/LGBT-led programming in low- and middle-income countries. This fundraising toolkit was developed to assist community-based organizations (CBOs) that provide HIV-related programs and services for gay and bisexual men, other men who have sex with men (MSM), and transgender individuals. In this guide, a number of key questions are answered:
- Which donors are funding MSM and other lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community-based organizations?
- Which donors are funding projects in particular geographic areas?
- What kinds of grants are these donors making?
- What kinds of programs and projects are being funded by these grants?
- Whom do I contact and how does my organization apply for funding?
The guide offers information about who is funding MSM/LGBT groups, snapshots of what those grant programs look like, how to approach funders, and what projects those grant makers have supported in the past. This toolkit goes beyond traditional funders, such as private foundations, and offers information and ideas about other organizations that provide funding to, or partner with, MSM/LGBT groups. Finally, the guide offers general tips on fundraising, from networking to proposal writing, and includes templates to help organizations and activists get started. The toolkit is available in three languages.
- You can download the toolkit in English by clicking on the image or here.
- Гид по фандрейзингу на Русском можно загрузить здесь.
- Se puede descargar la herramienta aqui.