Help Desk Technician
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is seeking a dynamic and strategic Help Desk Technician.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world’s leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested close to $600 million in its programs and has awarded more than 3,500 grants to research teams worldwide.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical Support and Troubleshooting:
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Manage the Foundation’s help desk system.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the user.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Design, develop, and deliver engaging user training programs on system functionalities, cybersecurity best practices, and other IT-related topics to ensure employees are well-informed and capable of utilizing organizational technologies effectively.
- Perform routine monitoring and analysis to ensure Windows and macOS systems are operating optimally.
- Install, configure, and upgrade operating system software and applications.
- Create, maintain, and update comprehensive documentation for IT processes, system configurations, network layouts, protocols, and troubleshooting guides to ensure a well-organized and easily accessible knowledge base.
- Conduct regular reviews and audits of documentation to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
Mobile Device Management:
- Administer and ensure the functionality and security of all mobile devices within the organization.
- Monitor network and systems for security breaches or intrusions.
- Implement protective measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Maintain and monitor inventory of all hardware and software assets.
- Recommend procurement of new IT equipment and software as needed.
- Oversee and manage contracts with IT vendors and service providers.
- Ensure contractual terms are fulfilled and stakeholders are satisfied.
- Process and manage billing for IT services and products.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing to support financial accountability.
- Flexibility to travel to support domestic and international fundraising events.
Two-year degree or equivalent experience: and one to two years of work in an information systems environment that includes training and support of users in a corporate or educational setting. Ability to manage multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines. Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles. Proven problem-solving ability and excellent communications skills and able to lift equipment and supplies of up to 30 pounds. Flexibility required to undertake travel assignments.
Outstanding benefits package that encompasses: medical, dental, life, STD, LTD, vision coverage, commuter, dependent care and medical FSA savings, 403B with a very generous employer match. Time off includes: vacation, personal, sick days, and Summer Fridays.
Salary Range: $56,000 to $65,000
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently on a temporary hybrid work schedule. Prior COVID vaccination plus one booster is required to work at amfAR.
No agencies please.