Give a Gift of Cryptocurrency
Leverage this new opportunity to increase your impact on amfAR’s cutting edge research.
A gift of cryptocurrency to amfAR can provide you with tax advantages and serves as a quick and painless way to support our life-saving work. The IRS classifies cryptocurrencies as property, so a cryptocurrency donation will receive the same tax treatment as stocks. Donating cryptocurrency is a non-taxable event, you will not owe capital gains tax on the appreciated amount donated, and the donation can be deducted against taxes. This means that your money will go farther as amfAR will receive the full value of your contribution! While this is one of the most tax efficient methods to support amfAR, you should always consult with your financial advisor before initiating a charitable gift arrangement.
Contributions can be made in Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and others. Please contact amfAR for a comprehensive list of accepted crypto currencies.
In order to donate cryptocurrency, please follow the below steps:
1. Ensure you have a qualified wallet set up.
2. Fill out the information below. Be sure to include your email so that amfAR can send you a receipt.
3. Collect amfAR’s unique wallet address from the widget (either through the scan bar or by copying and pasting the exact address).
4. Initiate the donation from your wallet.
5. Use the amfAR-issued receipt to determine the fair market value of the donated cryptocurrency (as determined by a qualified appraisal).
If you have any questions or interest in donating other types of cryptocurrency, please send an email to email@example.com.