Kiehl’s 9th Annual
LifeRide for amfAR
The ninth annual Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR kicked off in Los Angeles on August 6, 2018, beginning a week-long initiative that raised funds for HIV/AIDS research.
The five-day motorcycle charity ride made eight stops at Kiehl’s stores across Southern California, ending in San Diego on Friday, August 10. At each stop, the public was encouraged to meet the riders, learn more about amfAR, and contribute to the Foundation. Kiehl’s donated a total of $150,000 over the course of the ride.
Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR has covered a total of more than 12,000 miles and raised more than $1.9 million since 2010, funding 10 cure-related research projects.
Chris Salgardo, Kiehl’s Brand Ambassador, and Kevin Robert Frost, CEO, amfAR, will ride from Los Angeles to San Diego with Gilles Marini, actor, Days of our Lives, tattoo artist Luke Wessman, top men’s style influencer Blake Scott, and music photographer Travis Shinn.
Above: Via CBS8 San Diego: Charity Ride Wrap Party for “Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR” Day
Kiehl’s and amfAR invite all to be a part of the ride: Press and public are welcome at the following stops:
MONDAY, AUG 6—LOS ANGELES
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, The Original Farmers Market, 6333 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles, 12:30-1:30 PM
- Kiehl’s at Nordstrom, The Grove, 189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles, 2:00-3:00 PM
TUESDAY, AUG. 7—MANHATTAN BEACH
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, Manhattan Village, 3200 Sepulveda Ave., Manhattan Beach, 12:00-1:00 PM
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, Los Cerritos Center, 239 Los Cerritos Center, Cerritos, 2:00-3:00 PM
WEDNESDAY, AUG 8—COSTA MESA
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol St., Costa Mesa, 12:30-1:30 PM
- Kiehl’s at Nordstrom, South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol St., Costa Mesa, 2:30-3:30 PM
FRIDAY, AUG. 10—SAN DIEGO
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, Fashion Valley, 7007 Friars Rd., San Diego, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Kiehl’s Since 1851, Westfield UTC, 4545 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM
Kickoff Photo Gallery
The proceeds from the 2018 Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR will fund a specific grant to aid the research of Dr. Gabriel Ozorowski, a scientist at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA.
Dr. Ozorowski received a grant under the Mathilde Krim Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research, an annual research initiative created to support bright young scientists seeking innovative solutions to HIV/AIDS. Dr. Ozorowski plans to use an innovative technique called cryo-EM in the search for new antiretroviral drugs in a class called fusion inhibitors. Only one fusion inhibitor – initially characterized by amfAR-funded researcher Dr. Carl Wild – has ever been approved for use. Cryo-EM is a technique that freezes molecules in action and can reveal exquisite detail about their structure. The technique earned its inventors the 2017 Nobel Prize in chemistry.
Select CycleBar studios nationwide will host
Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR classes from Aug. 6-10
To help bring additional support for amfAR, Kiehl’s has teamed up with CycleBar studios to encourage riders on stationary bikes to join the fight against HIV/AIDS.
CycleBar riders will be able to “ride along” with LifeRide and help contribute to amfAR. Select CycleBar studios nationwide will host Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR classes, August 6−10, and Kiehl’s will donate $30 per bike as part of its overall donation to amfAR.
To sign up at a CycleBar studio near you, please visit http://www.cyclebar.com/kiehlsrideforaidsresearch.
Even if you’re not on this year’s ride route, Kiehl’s customers nationwide can still join LifeRide and the fight against HIV/AIDS:
- Share a selfie with a heart ❤ made from your hands, tag @Kiehls, @amfAR and hashtag #LifeRide9. Kiehl’s will donate $30 for every Instagram or Twitter post, up to $125,000, as part of its overall donation to amfAR to help fund a cure for HIV/AIDS.
- Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve benefits amfAR: 100% of the purchase price from the sale of this product, up to $25,000, will benefit amfAR. Limited Edition Ultimate Strength Hand Salve will be available for $28.50 at all Kiehl’s retail stores, Kiehls.com and specialty store partners nationwide.
- Donate in-store. All Kiehl’s retail stores nationwide will be accepting donations for amfAR. To find your closest store, please visit the store locator on Kiehls.com.