Bennah Serfaty, Senior Director of Communications, (212) 806-1607, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fruehauf, Media Relations Associate, (212) 806-1632, email@example.com
Sonia Ben Maaouia, Karla
Otto, Communications Director, +33 1 79 74 12 87, firstname.lastname@example.org
amfAR HOSTS DINNER IN PARIS DURING COUTURE WEEK
Paris, France, July 1st 2019 - amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, hosted an intimate dinner and auction for its supporters last night at The Peninsula Paris. Five-time Grammy Award-winning artist CeeLo Green performed for guests including Heidi Klum, Tom Kaulitz, Maria Borges, Caroline Scheufele, Coco Rocha, Anna Cleveland, Carine Roitfeld, Vladimir Restoin-Roitfeld, Ellen von Unwerth, Michele Lamy, Caroline Vreeland, Cindy Bruna, Valery Kaufman, Madison Headrick, Tom Pecheux, Sofia Resing, Larsen Thompson, Ian Bohen, Min Pechaya, Prince Wenceslas, Rachel Zoe, and amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Milutin Gatsby, among others. The Mike Flowers Pops band also performed.
amfAR VP of Development, Eric Muscatell, opened the evening by welcoming guests and thanking event sponsors Perrier-Jouët and The Peninsula Paris for making the night possible, and also gave a special thanks to amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Milutin Gatsby, Carine Roitfeld and Caroline Scheufele of Chopard for their continued support of amfAR.
In addition to musical performances, the evening featured a live auction conducted by Simon de Pury. Auction items included:
- Playgirl, Naomi Campbell, Los Angeles, 1991 Analog black and white print on baryte paper. Signed by the artist Ellen von Unwerth.
- A Chopard pendant necklace in 18-karat rose gold, set with 2.48 carats of diamonds featuring 5 dancing diamonds.
- Andy Warhol - Unknown Woman, 1977 Silkscreen on paper.
- Venice Film Festival VIP package.
- Emmanuelle Rybojad - White RoseNeon, mirror, and plexiglass. Edition of 8.
- Norman Parkinson - Jerry Hall and Antonio Lopez, 1975 Silver Gelatin Print. Estate stamped and numbered.
- Robert Rauschenberg - Dallas Cares, 1998 Lithograph in color on wove paper, numbered. Edition of 500. Signed by the artist.
Special thanks to Perrier-Jouët and The Peninsula Paris who were the evening’s Signature Sponsors. During the event guests enjoyed Perrier-Jouët Cuvée Grand Brut Champagne and Absolut Elyx signature cocktails.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world's leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested nearly $550 million in its programs and has awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide.