amfAR utilizes formal requests for proposals to solicit grant applications for both targeted and general HIV/AIDS research. Proposals are then peer reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Committee on the basis of their relevance, scientific merit, and promise. To date, amfAR has awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide.
Grant Application and Peer Review Process
Scientific Advisory Committee
Funding Principles to Guide Applicants for Research Grants
Requests for Proposals
Request for Proposals:
Submission Deadline: 1:00 PM, June 29, 2023
Krim Fellowships in Biomedical Research
Information for amfAR Grantees
Current amfAR grantees can now access important documents from this page. To download the files, please click on each description.
amfAR Policies Governing Research Grants and Fellowships
Budget Modification Request Policies and Form
Reports of Expenditures (ROEs)
ROE forms may be obtained by e-mailing the Grants Administration department: email@example.com. Be sure to include your amfAR grant identification number in the body of your e-mail request.
- amfAR Awards $1.5 Million to Researchers Pursuing Innovative Approaches to Eliminating the HIV Reservoir
- amfAR Announces New Round of Funding to Support Novel Approaches to HIV Cure
- amfAR Announces New Research Grants
- amfAR Announces 2021 Mathilde Krim Fellowship Recipients
- New amfAR Grants Target Intersection of HIV and COVID-19
- amfAR Invests in ‘Next Generation’ HIV Cure Intervention
- amfAR, Fashion, Fine Art: Pulling Together for COVID-19 Research