Event Terms and Conditions
Event Terms and Conditions
- Please be advised, the purchase and/or use of a ticket, and/or entry into the venue (together, referred to as the “Event”) shall constitute your unconditional acceptance to be bound by the terms and conditions within this agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and The Foundation for AIDS Research (“amfAR”).
- All ticket sales are FINAL and no refunds will be issued.
- amfAR will not honor tickets sold by third parties or scalpers, and will not service, support, or honor any tickets obtained from any source other than amfAR. The resale, attempted resale, or purchase of your ticket at a price higher than the official purchase price as listed on amfAR’s website is grounds for seizure and cancellation of said ticket without compensation.
- Behavior that adversely affects any other party’s enjoyment of the Event, or is determined by the Event management to be unsafe, illegal, or inappropriate, will result in ejection from the Event with no refund. If you fail to comply with such terms and conditions, you will be removed from the Event site.
- By attending the Event, you understand, agree, and acknowledge that (1) you may be photographed and filmed, and (2) you hereby provide amfAR with your absolute, express consent to be photographed and filmed. You further understand and agree that these images and/or recordings can be registered, stored, transmitted, broadcast/streamed, rebroadcast, and sold for archival, promotional, and/or commercial purposes, in any manner, and in any media, now known or hereafter discovered, without any compensation to you. Your name, image, and/or your likeness may be captured as part of and/or used in connection with any broadcast/stream, audio, visual, or audio-visual recording, photograph, or other reproduction or other publication of the Event (the “Footage”) and may also be used by or on behalf of amfAR or any of amfAR’s affiliates, partners, sponsors, officers, trustees, successors, licensees, or assigns for any purpose, including, but not limited to, archival, promotional, and commercial purposes, without any compensation to You. You waive all other rights in and to the Footage, including, but not limited to, all claims of so-called moral rights.
- By entering the Event, you assume any and all risk and/or danger, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, resulting from, or incidental to, the Event, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the Event, including, but not limited to, any death, personal injury or loss, damage, or liability whatsoever. You hereby waive, discharge, hold harmless, and covenant not to sue amfAR, their affiliates, and each of their respective representatives, officers, directors, owners, members, trustees, agents, employees, successors, licensees, and assigns, Event sponsor/promoter, and the performing artists, including, but not limited to, their respective management, their agents, their staff, and their designees (collectively referred to as “Event Parties”) from any and all liability arising out of, or in connection with, the Event, for any claims, causes of action, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, damages, costs, or expenses of whatsoever kind, nature, or description, whether direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, arising out of, or related to, the Event, your attendance at the Event, your travel to and from the Event, except to the extent caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Event Parties.
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly by person-to-person contact. By entering the Event, you (a) acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and knowingly and voluntarily assume the risk that You may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Event and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death to you or any other party, (b) voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, actions, causes of action, suits, sums of money, costs, or expenses, of any kind, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs (“Claims”), that You or any party may experience or incur, and (c) hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Company Parties, and any vendor(s), from any and all claims of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. Additionally, amfAR reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event due to changing government mandates, protocols, or operational needs related to COVID-19 safety compliance.
- You hereby indemnify and hold harmless Event Parties from any loss, liability, damage, or cost in any way arising out of, or related to, your actions and omissions at, around, or while participating in the Event.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these terms shall be brought only in the state courts empowered to enforce this Agreement located in New York County, New York, or the federal courts located in New York County, as applicable, unless otherwise specified. The parties hereto specifically consent to personal jurisdiction of said courts, and hereby waive any objection thereto on the basis of personal jurisdiction or venue. Each of the parties also agrees that any final and non-appealable judgment against a party in connection with any action, suit or other proceeding may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction, either within or outside of the United States.